How to Make Your Own DIY Yoga Mat Cleaner (Oil-Free)
Updated: Nov 15
Looking for a quick and simple way to clean your yoga mat? We got you!
The type of yoga mat cleaner you use completely depends on your yoga mat. For example, if you own a PU or suede yoga mat, an oil-based solution will most likely leave stains.
So here's a super easy recipe to make your own DIY yoga mat cleaner.
In a small spray bottle, add:
- Lots of clean water, fill the bottle up (filtered or distilled water works great)
- Few drops of a mild, natural soap, or a mild disinfectant (nothing with harsh chemicals, perfumes or oil)
How to use it:
- Shake well before each use
- Spray the solution on the top surface of your mat
- Wipe it down with a soft, damp microfiber cloth
- Once dry, roll it up (keeping the top surface on the outside)
If you have a cork or TPE mat, you can add a few drops of essential oils to the mix. However, PU and suede mats will stain, and getting the oil stains out with powder takes time.
If you have any questions, or would like some more details - let us know!